Wednesday, February 25, 2009

I woke up this morning feeling very discontent, almost angry. I went to Linder's Greenhouse and applied for a job, that seemed to go well, then I just drove to the only place I knew would make me feel better. The cliff park at the end of Summit, I stepped out of my comfortably warm car into the blindingly beautiful sun. I hopped the fence and slid down a slight hill to the muddy cliffs. In order to climb down I had to grab hold of many roots and stones, I could hear the the trickling of water and I followed. No matter how sketchy the ground was or how cold I was getting I knew it was worth it. I finally arrived at the frozen waterfall, where I had brought many loves, but never just myself. I sat a top the fall, right next to the small trickling creek that led to this icicle cavern. I sat and let the sun warm me, I couldn't help but smile. I sat for two hours thinking of absolutely nothing, letting myself feel nature, and hear nature, as I closed my eyes. I hopped over the creek, and followed animal tracks, touched a tree and felt how warm it was, how alive it was. I felt the shelter the trees provided, and thanked them for the breath that I was breathing at that very moment. I walked back, slipping and sliding, grabbing branches, and thanking them for the support they offered on my little adventure. Stepping back into sight of people, I was alone again, aware of the cold, and the long drive home.

1 comment:

  1. Alaina,
    I know the place you are talking about.
    You brought me there. and we sat. And words don't have to explain.
    You are so filled with light.

    ReplyDelete