Saturday, January 17, 2009

Me and Bobby

I used to listen to "She Belongs To Me" by Dylan all the time. It was never a song I listened to with other people really. It was more like my own private song. A guide line on how I was to live my life.
I was an artist. I had everything I needed.
I never stumbled because I had no place to fall.
I was on a mission to find an Egyptian ring.
And I really did believe the law couldn't touch me.
Over and over I played it whenever I was alone driving in my car.

But then no one ever gave me a trumpet for Halloween. Nor a drum for Christmas. I never found an Egyptian right.. or never tried hard enough to find one And I realized, maybe I wasn't that girl.

However, I have always felt very connected to that whole album. I'm not sure if it has to do with Maggie's Farm, because I don't really like that song. I feel as though perhaps there is a connection regardless if I like the song or not. I mean, what's in a name? But I really like the rest of the album. Even if every song does kind of sound alike. When you are inspired by a certain sound, I suppose you might end up making a whole album sound like that.

On a completely unrelated note, I did a tarot reading about my relationship and almost every card talked about distrust and deceit. Over and over again.

1 comment:

  1. Yesterday my tarot reading said I was addicted to sex and drugs. Looks like we both had some positive cards.ha.

    ReplyDelete