For awhile I've been thinking about writing this long blog post about my obsession (sort of like Maggie and colors) with gender, more specifically masculinity / femininity / androgyny / etc but fuck it. It will have to wait.
This whole day I've been listening to Baby Love by the Supremes over and over again. It's really weird and nonsensical because I'm not anywhere near a relationship and haven't ever been, really. I think it has a lot to do with my fascination and fixation on the idea of relationship and my idealistic criteria for what constitutes a real one.
Which is stupid because I'm 18 and all that means is that I'm irrationally choosy and shy. Fuck that.
I'm excited for your post about gender.
ReplyDeleteI think of this place as a diary.
I can relate so well to what you're talking about with the "made-up criteria" thing, irrational standards, etc. I too look forward to your post on gender.
ReplyDelete