I have been listening to Kate Bush, "Hounds of Love" over and over since 9. It is 12.
I broke to listen to Bob Dylan, "Simple twist of Fate" and listened to that 5 times in a row.
I am realizing and breaking through my own prejudices this month I feel like. I'm excited to see what becomes of it. I read this article that told me there are 5 signs to decide a person is a female, and to accept it. But it takes us one or two to decide they are a male. We would rather label a person and accept their identity as a male rather than a woman.
So I thought of when I was in Olympia and dancing with this person, and trying to decide if it was a boy or a girl. And kept saying reasons why they were a girl, but had this overwhelming feeling of the male sex. And I kept listing things, hair style, boobs, clothing, but I still couldn't decide if this person was a male or female. But why the hell did it matter. I don't care which gender or sex I dance with, yet I was trying to figure it out. Why did it matter? There are only two sexes socially constructed, and people are put into boxes.
Ah.
I am constantly thinking about color and distance. And how things look blue in the distance. AS in, the farther something is from you, the more blue it looks. I really get that, seeing mountains in the distance. I get why people paint mountains blue, and sky lines as blue. I think that's so exciting. I love sitting next to something that is bright red, and actually FEELING the heat coming from the red. It's so brilliant.
My eyes are feeling the pressure of this new world.
Octopus... New Mexico? September?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
sounds good
ReplyDeleteweird i have also been obsessed with that song lately
ReplyDelete